Thursday, May 8, 2008

May 8th, 2008

Today I had to re-direct the focus of the camp as it rained. However I was able to work around this and re-located the camp to Trumbull High weight room to have a lifting session. We began the day at 3:00PM and I split the group into two so that both of the groups had 1 hour and 30minutes to work in the weight room. This enabled me to handle the kids better as it wasn't a large group.

I focused the session on strengthening of the legs. Your legs are the most important aspect of becoming a better basketball player. Strengthening your legs enables you to improve your shot, quickness and agility and so I enforced this on them to improve their game. After seeing the kids in the weight room I realized that they needed to be in there more often so I 'm planning on informing Coach Buddy Bray of my thoughts.

1 comment:

Scott A. said...

Trav - Way to be flexible with the last two days. A great trait to acquire and one that can never be underestimated is the ability of a leader to recognize a challenging situation and figure out a way to make it productive for all involved. Sounds like things are going well, but one question remains: Have you taught them to hold their opponents jersey as they get over the screan on the pick and roll? As you know, this may be the most effective way to truly defend the most dangerous play in basketball.

We miss you on campus.

Scott